Capital District Tenpin Bowling Association

Directors Meeting – February 24th, 2002

Meeting Minutes

 

 

Attendance: Graham Ginsberg

                    Maurice Viau

                    Rheal Proulx

                    Bill Munn

                    Pierre Gratton

                    Gilles Valiquette

                   

Absent with regrets: Dan Proulx, Jim Edwards, Dave Wiskowski

 

Absent: Cameron Lyons

 

9:20 – call to order

 

Review of Agenda

 

Add Dan’s e-mail to President’s Report

 

Review of previous minutes

 

January 7th minutes accepted by all present.

 

Executive Reports

 

Presidents Report

 

C.T.F. is running a qualifier on March 9/10 and 16/17, 2002 in London, Ontario.

 

Dan’s e-mail included three pieces of correspondence; his first e-mail, Moe’s reply and Dan’s further reply. E-mails discussed at length. Graham to send Dan a letter.

ACTION – GRAHAM

 

 

 

Vice-Presidents Report

 

Nothing to report

 

Secretaries Report

 

Winslab is now set up.

 

A letter has been received by ABC containing a proposal that CTF go on its own way by March 2003.

 

 Has Mark Perron received his ABC card yet? – Graham to investigate. ACTION – GRAHAM

 

Update on tournament trophies – Bill stated trophies still not finished despite repeated requests to Paul Laprade – Graham to speak to Paul on Monday. ACTION – GRAHAM

 

Treasurers Report

 

Agreed by all present to pay Bill $24.58 for Tournament Expenses.

 

Discussed renewal of Directors & Officers Liability Policy – proceed with the renewal. Bill to handle. ACTION – BILL

 

Reviewed Budget update.

 

Committee Reports

 

Tournament& Banquet

 

Due to time of year and lack of organization, it was decided to leave any new tournaments until next year.

 

 

 

 

 

Newsletter

 

No Activity. Graham will attempt to produce at least one newsletter before the end of the season. ACTION – GRAHAM

 

Lane Inspection

 

The Lane Inspection Committee is still working with McArthur Lanes to complete its inspection.

 

Web Page

 

No Activity

 

ACT Awards

 

No Activity

 

Awards

 

No Activity

 

Public Relation/ Fundraising

 

No Activity

 

Strike out Arthritis – will have Paul Laprade contact Gilles to organize. ACTION – GILLES

 

CTF and Provincial Tournament

 

No Activity

 

Yaba

 

No Activity

 

 

 

Golf Tournament

 

Tentative date June 15th, 2002 at same place as last year. Kingsway needs a commitment. Bill to organize, but needs help.

 

Old Business

 

40th Anniversary: the men’s directors were sent an invitation to the banquet and no- one has yet responded.  Graham and Gilles will be representing the board and will be giving out a plaque in honor of the 40th.  The Board decided to pay for the 2 members tickets at a cost of $60.  It was suggested by Gilles that we also present the ladies with flowers.  This will be determined after the plaque is paid for. The balance of budgeted money ($100.)

 

Les Vaughan trophy:  Gilles and family members have still not reached a decision about criteria for the trophy.

 

League Reps:  Gilles to contact B’Nai Brith about members and awards. ACTION – GILLES.  Pierre also to contact leagues in Aylmer and Hull for new members and updated awards. ACTION – PIERRE

 

Mail Box:  Rheal spoke to Gerry and now Gerry is demanding that we have two separate mailboxes for men and Ladies associations.  WHY?  Graham to speak to Gerry. ACTION - GRAHAM

Also question about Management having access to mail boxes.

 

New Business

 

Life Member Nomination: Committee of Gilles and Graham to investigate nominations. ACTION – GRAHAM & GILLES

 

Annual Meeting: April 28th tentatively booked at Moe’s place but need a bigger area and if possible where breakfast could be served.  Possibility of Aylmer Lanes.  To be determined…

 

 

 

AGM Proposed changes;

1-     Increase in fees from $18. To $20.  (with exchange rates, Treasurer estimates that we are running into a deficit this year.)

2-    removal of Cornwall from our Association

3-    introduce a “Recall” to Constitution

4-    Change # of directors.

 

Graham to draw up proposal for a new time for the meetings. ACTION - GRAHAM

 

Next meeting to change agenda format to start with Proposal for next year activities, AGM agenda, new business and …….

 

Meeting adjourned 1pm