Capital District TenPin Bowling Association
Board of Director's Meeting at McArthur Lanes
Sunday Oct 31, 2004 10:00 AM
Attendees: Graham Ginsberg Ed Zabarauskas
Pierre Gratton Murielle Rivers Owen Labelle (Awards Officer)
Marg Willis Mark Gehring
Regrets: Claude Dumoulin
Absent: Nicole Fetzko
1. Call to Order Called at 10:12 AM (Board Meetings new starting time: 10:00AM)
2. Current Agenda The President distributed an agenda: all agreed.
3. Review of Minutes of the Previous Directors' Meetings and Actions Arising
The Minutes from the Meeting of Sep 26th, 2004 were reviewed:
a. Minutes were accepted as presented with one minor correction.
Update on Action Items from prior Meetings:
- No discussion was held.
4. Current Agenda Item: Executive Reports
A summary of the Verbal reports follows:
- The CTF has officially approved the CDTBA’s constitution.
- The president expressed a concern that the indemnification of the association, as specified
- in the constitution, may still be unclear. Perhaps advice from more informed sources may clarify that area.
Association Manager’s (AM) Report
- The AM reported on the current state of league registrations.
- At the time, 520 bowlers in 12 leagues had registered.
- It was reported that the Gatineau centers, Anik and Galaxie had remitted cheques for lane inspections.
- A preliminary supply of award materials from CTF are now in the awards’ officer’s hands.
5. Current Agenda Item: Committee Reports / Other Business
Tournament Committee Report
- Nothing to report at this meeting.
- Lane inspection co-ordinator: little to report at this time –
- still waiting for McArthur’s cheque for lane inspection fees.
- Some discussion about incorporating a system to allow the Awards Co-ordinator to enter
- award data into PBMCTF, eg transferring data back and forth via backups.
- The Association Manager suggested that several other directors also have PBMCTF installed
- on their computers to ensure redundancy of CDTBA’s database. Ed indicated that he would
- provide the software and send backups to any that would be interested, Owen to be the first.
- Mark Gehring stated that McArthur has been encouraging interest in youth bowling this year
- by providing some incentives to new bowlers and current bowlers’ friends.
6. Current Agenda Item: New Business
NEXT BOARD MEETING: Sunday, November 28th, 2004 10:00 AM at McArthur Lanes
7. Current Agenda Item: Adjournment Adjourned at 11:20 AM