Capital District TenPin Bowling Association
Board of Director's Meeting at McArthur Lanes
Sunday Sep 26, 2004 09:30
Attendees: Graham Ginsberg Nicole Fetzko Ed Zabarauskas
Pierre Gratton Murielle Rivers
Marg Willis Mark Gehring
Regrets: Claude Dumoulin, Owen Labelle (Awards Officer)
1. Call to Order Called at 09:42 AM
2. Current Agenda The President distributed an agenda: all agreed.
3. Review of Minutes of the Previous Directors' Meetings and Actions Arising
The Minutes from the Meeting of Aug 19th, 2004 were reviewed:
a. Minutes were accepted as presented.
Update on Action Items from prior Meetings:
- No discussion was held.
4. Current Agenda Item: Executive Reports
A summary of the Verbal reports follows:
- Little to report at this time other than the business of revising the constitution, to be dealt with later in the meeting.
Association Manager’s Report
- CDTBA’s bank account is up and active, with $2000 (as a start) infused from the previous CDTBA men’s association.
- The CTF software: PBMCTF (Perfect Bowling Manager for CTF) is up and running, and last year’s bowler data has been transferred from the old year with not too much difficulty.
- 15 leagues were presented with Kits. The majority of the Kits included pre-printed membership applications which were produced from the PBMCTF software.
- CTF has offered liability insurance at a cost of $125.00 per year per association, however a majority of associations must enlist, or the service will not happen. CDTBA has opted to enroll and $125 has been remitted.
- The requests made by CTF regarding the Sanction compliance and the remittance of old association ABC awards have been satisfied.
5. Current Agenda Item: Committee Reports / Other Business
Tournament Committee Report
- intention to hold Ball draws
- more than 1 entry will be allowed, as in prior year
- Mark Gehring – LIC (lane inspection co-ordinator) expressed several general issues regarding the process:
CDTBA needs a type of an official “Lane Inspection Badge” to provide validity to the LIC Director.
CDTBA needs an official Invoice to Bill the Centers.
CDTBA needs to provide the “Sanctioned CTF Center” certificate after the Center has been sanctioned.
- Mark enquired about what CDTBA charges etc, as well as what compensation is allowed.
- A discussion was held – it was pointed out that CDTBA had decided in the past to charge each center $10 per lane. It was the LIC’s responsibility to co-ordinate the inspections and compensate Inspectors if need be. Mark pointed out that due to circumstances relating to this year’s inspections, he had to book off unpaid leave for a day for the inspections. The LIC had contracted lane inspectors to do the actual inspections: Bob Langlois from Montreal who charged $7 per lane. Mark helped in the process. During the discussion it was agreed that Mark should indeed be compensated and furthermore to clarify the situation, Nicole Fetzo proposed the following intention, for this year’s inspection, as a MOTION:
CDTBA invoices each Center at $10 a lane, Bob Langlois gets $7 a lane, Mark Gehring gets the remaining $3 a lane.
Motion seconded by Murielle Rivers. A vote was taken. Majority agreed.
- it was re-iterated that CDTBA will hold off on local awards this season
- Graham presented the revised Constitution as requested by CTF.
- No reason to doubt that it would not be accepted.
- CDTBA will buy into CTF’s offer of liability insurance at $125 per year.
- It is a “wait and see” to see if the majority of Associations buy in as well, otherwise the offer will be cancelled by CTF with the $125 re-imbursed.
Coaching Certification Co-ordinator
- it was suggested that CDTBA may want to approach one of the experienced members to help out in this new arena of activity suggested by CTF? Moe Couillard was suggested as a possible candidate.
- The annual jamboree to be held in Niagara Falls was briefly discussed and dismissed – not this year!
Changes in National Awards
- Some awards which were originally classed by CTF as once-a-life now can be once-a-season:
6. Current Agenda Item: New Business
- It was suggested all CTF correspondence be “email copied” to all Directors so that all are kept up to date.
- AGM to be open to all members – not just delegates – this implies more planning is needed than in the past.
- Youth committee – fund raising???
??? Need to remember what we said:
- Life memberships?
NEXT BOARD MEETING: Sunday, October 31st, 2004 09:30 AM at McArthur Lanes
7. Current Agenda Item: Adjournment Adjourned at 11:30 AM