Capital District TenPin Bowling Association
Board of Directors Meeting (#5) at McArthur Lanes
Sunday Sep 25th, 2005 10:00 AM
Attendees: Nicole Fetzko Ed Zabarauskas Marg Willis
Pierre Gratton Graham Crate Mark Gehring
Regrets: Graham Ginsberg
Absent: Marc Dumontier, , Owen Labelle (Awards)
1. Call to Order Called at 10:30 AM
2. Current Agenda The President, Nicole Fetzko provided an agenda.
3. Review of Minutes of the Previous Directors' Meetings
The Minutes from the Meeting #4 of Aug 24th, 2005 were reviewed:
Minutes were accepted, with minor corrections:
1. Inserted $50 amounts for Memoriam donations.
2. Added that CTF had Policy Manual template.
4. Current Agenda Item: Review of Action Items / Old Business
Trophies: situation pending – need to locate trophies since McArthur renovations.
Discussion about archiving Awards, and how to proceed in the future, plaques etc - not resolved.
5. Current Agenda Item: Executive Reports
A summary of the reports follows:
The President, Nickie Fetzko provided a written report, some points are:
1. Helga Sarazin has expressed willingness to join the board.
2. Personal contact has been made with most of last year’s leagues.
3. Attempting to meet with McArthur management.
4. Expressed issues re: “CTF’s sanctioned ??” Personal Insurance Supplier soliciting.
5. Financial suggestions regarding managing/investing CDTBA’s rather large Bank account.
More discussion required re this, as well as CDTBA’s budget.
Association Manager’s (AM) Report
The AM had little to report other than he was awaiting the return of Sanction forms and cards for
data entry into PBMCTF – the association software.
6. Current Agenda Item: Committee Reports
Pierre Gratton spoke briefly about Tournaments citing Feb 18-19 2006 for Adults,
and Feb 11-12 2006 for Youth, as likely dates. Averages used will most likely be those as of Jan 1st, 2006.
Graham Crate has accepted the challenge of co-ordinating the lane inspection process. In the coming weeks
hopefully Graham will come to terms with the equipment and the process. Mark Gehring has had that role in the
last few years.
7. Current Agenda Item: New Business
The CDTBA needs to come to terms with the Governance Strategy of Youth Leagues.
CTF policy needs to be studied, so that Youth Leagues within CDTBA comply.
The President considers this issue to be of great importance, and considerable study
and planning need to happen before the Youth League Component can become a viable
and sustaining entity within the Association. In this new world of the CTF, the CDTBA’s
board of directors has a much greater responsibility to ensure that the YOUTH League
aspect of the Association is managed correctly. This issue will be evolving quickly in the next
month or so.
NEXT BOARD MEETING: Sunday, Nov 6th, 2005 10:00 AM at McArthur Lanes
Schedule for BOARD MEETINGS:
Sunday, November 6th, 2005 10:00 am (revised)
Sunday, November 27th, 2005 10:00 am
Sunday, January 8th, 2006 10:00 am
Sunday, January 29th, 2006 10:00 am
Sunday, February 26th, 2006 10:00 am
Sunday, March 26th, 2006 10:00 am
AGM Sunday, April 9th, 2006 (to be decided)
8. Current Agenda Item: Adjournment Adjourned at 12:15 PM